Subzero 700TCI - control board replacement

Old 07-02-15, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Subzero 700TCI - control board replacement

Hi all-

My Subzero 700TCI (manufactured 2004) isn't cooling properly. I vacuumed the compressor, it has new thermistors, and still won't get to below 40. "50/EC/Service" flashes every once in a while.

A service guy came to look at it (NOT official Subzero, since they wanted $125 for 15 minutes), and he took it apart and couldn't see an issue, so he decided it must be the control board.

So the question is: Can I do this replacement myself? He wants to charge $500 for the part + service, but if it's not too insanely difficult of a replacement, I'd like to source the part and do it myself.

Any thoughts? Terrible idea?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-15, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
We had an issue with our SZ 690S. Flashing vacuum condenser. It ended up being a leak in the evaporator in the fridge. Required a new evaporator. It had nothing to do with control board. Check into it. I am not sure if your model has that same issue, but it was very very common with Subzeros of the early 2000's. A way to check would be to take rear plastic wall out of back of fridge. A normal evaporator should have a light coating of frost all over it. A bad one will have a clump of ice at upper corner. Google evaporator or sealed system leak Subzero, and you will see it. Good luck

Old 07-16-15, 07:23 PM
Group Moderator
Received 337 Votes on 315 Posts
A leaking evaporator has been a problem that has plagued Sub-Zero.