Whirpool washer won't stop filling.

Old 07-06-15, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirpool washer won't stop filling.

How do folks. New to the forums so hope I'm posting in the correct forum.

My top loader Whirlpool Washer Model LXR7244JQ0 Type 107 will not stop filling. The water stops filling when the timer is turned off. The water level control tube is connected at both ends. I don't know how to check for pin holes in the tube, but the tube "appears" to be very healthy for fifteen years old.

If anyone has any ideas of how I might fix it I'd sure appreciate the help.

Best wishes.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-15, 04:38 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 19 Votes on 18 Posts
To check pressure switch hose, put 2 or 3 inches water in tub and than blow through hose. if it bubbles in tub hose is usually good. In many years have only found 1 bad hose. part 12 looks like your pressure switch. post part # in a google search and check prices or at local parts store. Valve should be good as it shuts off with timer.
CONTROLS AND REAR PANEL Diagram & Parts List for Model LXR7244JQ0 Whirlpool-Parts Washer-Parts | SearsPartsDirect

Old 07-07-15, 07:23 AM
Thank you for responding, pgsl.

The hose tested out OK as per your instructions.

Seems I'm not too sure about how to remove the WLC switch. There appears to be a catch on the side of the WCS switch, I push in the catch and the knob spins freely. I am assuming the WCS switch has to then be "pulled off." But I figured I'd better check with a pro first before I risk breaking something.

Old 07-07-15, 02:02 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 19 Votes on 18 Posts
pull knob off, push latch in and turn switch body about 1/4 to 1/2 turn and it will come out. Look at new switch and you will see what I mean.

Old 07-07-15, 02:16 PM
Thanks,

All post back when I get it switched out.

Old 07-14-15, 08:26 AM
pugsl, Thank you for fixing me up with this repair. I finally got the new WLC switch. Installed per instructions and it's working perfectly.

BTW, this morning I washed a small load on the Gentle cycle. On the Gentle cycle the Agitator is supposed to gently turn about half way about sixteen times, at about ten second intervals. However, after making machine sure the new WLC switch was working properly, I did a small load on Gentle and found that Gentle runs as if on the Regular setting. After this load finished I ran the machine on the Gentle setting again to double check and it again ran as if set on Regular. This is fine as I rarely ever need to use the Gentle cycle, in fact this was the first time in a few years. I'm just wondering if this means the Timer Control switch is starting to go bad?

Best wishes.

Old 07-14-15, 10:04 AM
Gentle cycle should agitate 20 seconds on and then 20 seconds off but while it's on, it's the same speed as regular cycle as this machine only has a single speed motor. That's why it uses an intermittent agitation for gentle cycle. If it's running continuously instead of 20 seconds on/off, then yes, the timer is defective.