Samsung front load washer - detergent tray fills with water

Old 07-27-15, 10:07 AM
Samsung front load washer - detergent tray fills with water

Samsung 3 Series 3.6-cu. ft. HE Front-Load Washer (WF363BTBEUF) (Blue)

About 2 months ago, we noticed the slide out detergent tray was filled with water after a load was finished. This happened maybe 5 times over 2 months. I followed the manual to drain and clean the filter cartridge, thinking that was the problem, but it happened again. It's only water, no evidence of detergent residue. Any ideas before I call Samsung?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-15, 11:15 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Where is the water, in the softner or bleach part? Those parts work on a siphon and if they get dirty or holes blocked water will sit in tray Take drawer out and clean all parts. Before you put it back in make sure the siphon works, Hold over sink and will bleach and softner with water up to top siphon should start. Other reason for not draining is the cold water screen is clogged. Take cold water hose off at washer and take screen out of valve and clean it, Be sure you put it back in.

Old 07-27-15, 11:36 AM
Water is where we put in the liquid detergent...would have to look at it when I get home, but I believe this is also where the bleach goes in? When I slide the tray drawer out, the tray lifts right out. I believe it is meant to be removed if using powder detergent? not sure on that.

I will look further at siphon in drawer, and will also check cold water screen. Washer is about 1 year old.

Thanks.

Old 07-27-15, 06:07 PM
Water is collecting in "liquid detergent" section, NOT the bleach/softener section. I took out drawer and all looks fine. I will next check the cold water filter and report back.

Old 07-28-15, 04:24 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Retired over year ago so going from memory (which is bad) Detergent section usually does not work on siphon, Make sure the drawer is clean and divider is in the right place for liquid.