Kenmore VMW lid lock problem Model No. 110.21302013

Old 09-17-15, 04:10 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kenmore VMW lid lock problem Model No. 110.21302013

I searched for VMW and the model number, got a few leads but nothing that helped.

I replaced the lid lock mechanism after someone tried to open the washer before cycle was complete. I took apart the old one, lost a little spring so just bought a replacement. Nothing happens when I press start and the lid is not locked. After I installed the new lock mechanism and washer would not run, I removed it and put it back in. No luck there getting the lock to actually lock.

I have removed, checked and re-inserted all of the connectors in the panel hoping that would reset the washer. I have also unplugged it numerous times to reset it as well as trying to obtain and decipher error codes. I can write down the flashing LED's but none of the sequences seem to match up. It is supposed to reset after you unplug it but even when I do, nothing happens when I press start. On the few occasions that the washer actually attempted to operate, it did not start a new cycle but appeared to try to finish a previous one as evidenced by the rinse and spin LED's being lit before it even washed. Cycle complete lights up also it between each sequence of flashing/lit LED's.

I need a "master reset" or I don't know what? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

kjh9835

Old 09-17-15, 03:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Upvotes on 69 Posts
I guess no instructions came with switch how to reset computer. 2 years ago I could have remembered but retired now. Here is a video of where and how to get tech sheet from your washer. but if you have already lifted the top the sheet is taped to front panel on right side. Sheet will have all diagnostics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zmzSSUc8dI

Old 09-17-15, 09:14 PM
K
No instructions with lid lock mechanism

Lid lock had no instructions, I have already located the tech sheet, that is how I attempted to read the error codes. So tonight I discover I have to calibrate the machine first then do auto test. It was fine except for the lid lock, it won't lock and the LED won't light up so I attempted to bypass it once again by unplugging it from the control panel and doing the manual test. Same thing. Good except for the lid lock and therefore the washer will not agitate or spin because it is not locked so still at square one.

What I have learned is that to make the machine clear everything so you can start over, you have to unplug it and also unhook both water lines. They have pressure valves of some sort that you have to relieve pressure from so washer will reset. You also have to remember to turn the faucets back on or you won't get anywhere. There has to be pressure to start new. Now that I have the hang of restarting it when it gets "stuck" and won't do anything, I'll spend tomorrow trying to figure out how to make the machine forget it has a lid lock.

Old 09-18-15, 06:35 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Can't remember but lid lock needs to be in circuit to work, Can't be bypassed, Never had to disconnect water lines to reset. Just do the control dance. Took me a year to learn how to read codes right than retired. Washer fairly easy to work on once you learn codes.

Old 09-23-15, 04:48 AM
K
lid lock issues

So I finally figured out the sequence of flashing LED's and still no luck getting the lid to actually lock in place. Can anyone tell me if the plastic piece on the inside of the lid that locks into the base of the washer is stationary or moveable? This one has alot of "play" and now I'm wondering if need should be tight/secure and since it moves, it won't lock down. It takes small allen head screws that have never been removed so they are factory tight. Thanks, kjh

Old 09-23-15, 08:35 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I can't remember but one of the pieces has movement. Been year and haft since I worked on them. That paragraph on i think page 4 bottom is very important to understand to count lights.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: