Maytag Washer Model A104 Series 04

Old 01-03-16, 03:52 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Maytag Washer Model A104 Series 04

My washer is leaking; the hoses look fine. Water appears to be coming from inside, i.e, floor is wet underneath washer, not in the back where hoses connect. Hoses are dry on outside

Washer was in house when I bought it 22 years ago. Not most efficient, but I only do a few loads every week or so, so am hoping it can be fixed inexpensively.

Is it possible that leak is due to soap build up? I've read that running washer occasionally with 1 gallon of vinegar can clean it out. Is it worth a shot, or should I just call someone to repair?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-16, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You will need to find out what is really leaking, there are several components that could cause a leak. Of course, you don't want to replace all of them, just the one that is bad....

I would guess, at the age of the washer, you have a seal that is leaking. Here is a video of how to replace the stem seal and bearing. Not saying this is the problem, just taking a guess. You will have to decide what the true problem is. Parts for Maytag A104 Washer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 01-03-16, 05:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 71 Votes on 64 Posts
Been several years since I worked on one of those. Here is a diagram of your washer.
MAYTAG MAYTAG LAUNDRY Parts | Model A104 | Sears PartsDirect
Look under Tub water inlet and part # 10 I would get 9 also. Almost everytime I had one leaking it was this. Water will be on left side.
Front panel will come off (2 screws in lower fold) and than 2 screws in top in front corners.Top will hinge back. With top up turn washer on and you will see the leak.