Cold water tap leaking in tight spot

Old 02-02-16, 08:23 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cold water tap leaking in tight spot

Hi guys, just joined the forums as I've recently began renovating my first house. I've encountered my first problem and hopefully moving forward I'll be able to help any one else as I learn.

The kitchen has been fitted with the washing machine waste behind the machine, but the cold (and only) water feed is behind the unit next to the machine.

There is a 2 inch wide gap that allows access to the feed but it is leaking - I've bought 2 new hoses and it still leaks so I need to replace the washing machine tap I'm thinking with an elbow instead of a straight so it sticks out more.

Does any one know of any tools that will allow me undo the bolt of the tap in such a tight space? I might also try taking the waste pipe out to allow more room.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-02-16, 08:44 AM
C
Received 169 Upvotes on 137 Posts
A picture would be helpful, please.

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

Old 02-02-16, 09:26 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
Are you asking how to remove the packing nut? If so I'd remove the knob first. Then use a deep well socket on the packing nut. Many plumbing supply stores sell inexpensive sockets for working on plumbing.

Old 02-02-16, 10:07 AM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
I'm judging by the unusual screen name that this poster is not in the US, and probably not even North America. Just another reason to make location a mandatory field when registering. Their installation, like many outside of the US, may be completely alien to most of us.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: