Electric stove: Indesit K 3C8 servicing

Old 02-12-16, 07:52 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Electric stove: Indesit K 3C8 servicing

Hi,
This is my first message here

So few days ago when i tried to boil some water on cooker..but Stove didn't go on(Light up)..
I thought it was just circuit breaker so i went next to circuit breaker box and one of phases for cooker was off..
So i flipped circuit breaker on and cooker started buzzing and then flashed and "exploded" in the middle of 2 stoves..
But all on-off switches were off.. Stove wasn't turned on so i guess it wasn't stove that flashed and exploded...

Digital timer, oven and right two stoves are working but left two stoves are off because circuit breaker flipped off when flashing and exploding was going on..

----------------------

Cooker have around 8-10 years on his back and this is first failure
Flash happened here(Circle on picture ) but it seamed "deeper" inside cooker...

Does anyone have any idea what happened?
My idea was to take it apart and clean it and refurbish it a bit and if I can repair what failed.
I do need to point out that I'm comfortable in taking it apart and working with wiring and high voltage cables..but i do need some guidance because I have never done something like this before...
Can you provide me with some Service manual on some online video of disassemble for similar product so I can see what I need to expect? I didn't find any online..
I'm studying Electrical Engineering btw..

Old 02-12-16, 07:58 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Before you fix the stove, you might want to check the voltage. My guess is that something is loose somewhere & you had double the voltage. Wait for Ray to answer. He can confirm or deny that.

Old 02-12-16, 08:40 AM
B
Well..My guess was that some wire was loose and made some short circuit and burned installation(cables)...

Old 02-12-16, 09:08 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
I see you are from Serbia We may not to much help as we are mostly US based. But it looks like where the burners are connected. Look for loose or burnt wires there, and ohm out the burner. Here is a site that might help
Indesit K 3C8 V.B/G Manuals

Old 02-16-16, 06:03 AM
B
Guys... I still have a problem.
I could't remove top part of cooker..
I unscrewed 4 screws on this positions and i can pull back end up but just a bit..Like 10CM..

It is still hanging on something on front..
What could this be? And where should i look for screws?
Also i cant remove this front panel where switches are..it just go up and down like ~0.5CM but it wont go off.. like it is supposed to slide off after I remove top panel..

Old 02-16-16, 11:44 AM
B
I did figure out how to remove top...
So its same for almost all Indesit cooker ..
You need to unscrew 2 screws under switches marked on my previous post and after that you need to slide front panel to left and then you can take it off.
Under front panel there are 2 more screws holding top panel in place...
-----------------
Anyone know what could be problem?
One of the switches is sparking and switching circuit breaker off(Click sound in video)
All contacts seam fine..There are no loose ones or black ones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQYkvyU9K_Y

Old 02-16-16, 07:44 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,620 Votes on 1,491 Posts
We don't have access to any service information for your unit. You will need to locate someone local there to help you out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: