Indesit W93T Washing Machine - Strange loud noise

Old 03-14-16, 06:01 AM
Thumbs up Indesit W93T Washing Machine - Strange loud noise

Hi,

My washing machine started making this horrible "moan" lately, sounds even louder than the centrifugal cycle. Heres a video:

https://youtu.be/-hRHNgIS32w

Now, the noise is not from the drum since it is clearly perceptible that the noise continues event seconds after the drum finish spinning. Is it the recirculation pump?

Any ideias?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-16, 09:07 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
You did not give a location and I could not find your washer. This is a mostly a US based site but will help all we can. It sounds like the rear bearing is going bad, Reach inside washer and turn basket, it should turn smooth, No roughness when turning and no sound.

Old 03-14-16, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator
They're from Portugal .

Old 03-14-16, 11:26 AM
Hey there, thanks for the replies =)

@ pugsl
The basket turns smoothly with no aparent roughness. If the sound keeps going even seconds after the drum stops spinning, can it really be bad bearings?

Thank you.

Old 03-14-16, 11:30 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
No not bearings than, Does it make noise only when draining, or when does it make the noise?

Old 03-14-16, 11:35 AM
UPDATE: My wife just told me that this started happening after she washed our dogs bed, and since it was ripped open a bit, small pieces of foam were released inside the machine. She says she picked most of them out though. But Im guessing some of them made it inside the tubes and clogged something?

Kind regards.

Old 03-14-16, 11:39 AM
Thumbs up

The dreadful sound is present during most of the spin cycle, not present when draining.

Old 03-14-16, 11:40 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
If in drain cycle the pump need to be taken out and cleaned. Have run into this many times before with blankets or pillows. Your machine may also have a recirculating pump that will have to be cleaned also. May have to clean pumps a couple of times.

Old 03-14-16, 11:49 AM
Yes pugsl, I was betting on that also. I was also wondering, if I set the machine to a really hot wash program, can the hot water maybe help unclog the pumps?
If not, being tech-savvy, can I pull this off myself or do you strictly advise a professional?

Many thanks!

Old 03-14-16, 02:05 PM
Group Moderator
It's hard for us to advise as we don't have the access to those service manuals. I searched several sites but could only find the owners manual which is of no help. If there isn't an online tech service in your area you may need to seek professional service.

Old 03-14-16, 03:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sorry late with reply (wife in hospital) No hot water will not clean clog Only taking apart can do it.

Old 03-15-16, 07:43 AM
Thumbs up

Thanks a lot for the feedback everyone. Yesterday my wife washed some clothes using the 90C program and somehow the noise was considerably less loud...maybe a placebo effect I dunno.
If it fails to fully dissipate within 3 more washes at this temperature I will indeed hire a technician, taking into account that I already understand what needs to be done.

@ pugsl: Hope your wife gets better buddy, regards.

Old 03-15-16, 11:52 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Thanks for the update. Wife showing some improvement but it is slow