Kenmore oven won't light

Old 04-09-16, 10:16 AM
Angry Kenmore oven won't light

Man sometimes it don't pay to get up in the morning. I was using my oven to keep the house warm because the blower on my old furnace has to be replaced. I only had it on for 6 hours set at 200 so it could be because of that.:NO NO NO:

Looked at the instruction in the booklet, but the pilot in the drawing doesn't look like the one in my oven, but the book is for several different models. The picture I posted is of what I think is the pilot. So does something have to be replace with this too?

Thanks for reading my post.

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-16, 10:54 AM
Arrow Looks like that is an ingitor

Well sir ... I did some checking and it looks like what I have is an ignitor ...not a pilot ...something they didn't bother to mention in the manual:NO NO NO: Anyway it looks like it has to be replaced. Thanks for reading my post.

Old 04-09-16, 11:20 AM
Group Moderator
That's an older oven.... manufactured by Roper.

With the door open the burner probably ran a lot keeping the igniter active. The igniter only has a finite lifetime. Unlike a furnace.... as long as the oven burner is lit.... the igniter is active.

The part number is WB2X9154. You can use that part number to search online. I'd recommend picking one in the middle of the price range. Some of the cheapo ones have a very short life.

Be very careful handling the new igniter as they are ceramic and extremely fragile.

Old 04-10-16, 10:05 AM
Arrow He he :)

PJ everything I got is old ... you should know that by now all the years we've been posting to one another.

Man I just can't win ... you noticed how many things have broken down on me, that I posted lately?

Maybe I should just stay in bed.

Thanks for the part number.