Whirlpool Oven Door Locked

Old 04-19-16, 06:22 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool Oven Door Locked

Model number: WOS51EC0AS02

We used the self clean on it a couple of days ago and now the screen has gone blank. I'm pretty sure I know what it needs but in order to get it out of its hole I need to be able to open the oven door. Anybody have any suggestions. I've reset the breaker to see if that would turn it on or at least unlock the door. That didn't work.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-16, 03:31 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forums! In reading the instructions, I find no real answer to the problem. http://www.whirlpool.com/digitalasse...%20Care_EN.pdf

You may have to resort to calling the help line in order to get more precise answers. Holding the "start" button for 3 seconds seems to be the universal antidote.

Old 04-20-16, 04:44 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks. Yeah I tried that. I've searched everywhere. I see people with the same problem but no one discussing how to get the door open.

Old 04-20-16, 09:14 AM
Group Moderator
Received 330 Votes on 308 Posts
I'm guessing you have a wiring problem behind the oven, which means you need to open the door to remove the mounting screws to remove the oven. A catch-22 issue.

The only way to open the door now is to bend a stiff piece of wire into a hook and manually pull the latch open. Be careful not to mar the finish. A thin coat hanger should work. The picture below is what the catch looks like that you have to move.

Name:  latch.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  40.1 KB

Turn the breaker off before attempting the door release.