GE Range Model JBP66WH2WW

Old 05-07-16, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Range Model JBP66WH2WW

Greetings to all:

My GE Range model JBP66WH2WW started giving F1 alarms frequently. I bought and installed a new T09 control WB27T11311 and the uber expensive sticker that goes on the front of it. The F1 faults went away and now I am getting F2 faults from the new control. I removed the temperature sensor from the oven and checked it's resistance at 1089 ohms. Good... right?? May be the new control just wants a new sensor. Only about 8 bucks.

Now I'm stuck. Don't know what to do next. Any and all suggestions gladly heeded and appreciated. Already got just a little north of $170 invested in the control and faceplate (sticker!). I really don't want to go out and buy a new range.

Thomas

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-16, 01:54 PM
Group Moderator
Received 421 Votes on 394 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The F2 is an over temperature fault. You measured and found the proper resistance at the sensor. Now you need to make sure it's what the board is seeing. A bad connection or a shorted sensor wire to ground will cause the same problem. It will need to be checked at the connections on the ERC.

You bought a brand new control or a refurb ?

Old 05-07-16, 04:05 PM
Hi Pete

Thanks for replying to my post.

I bought a brand new control. In order to check for shorted to ground sensor wire, do I follow the sensor wires back to the board connection and unplug the connector from the board, then check both sensor wires for continuity to ground separately?

The oven will heat to a temp setting of 375, then hold it for 15 minutes or so before giving the over temperature fault.

Old 05-07-16, 04:52 PM
Group Moderator
Received 421 Votes on 394 Posts
The oven will heat to a temp setting of 375, then hold it for 15 minutes or so before giving the over temperature fault.
If the oven actually goes to and holds 375 for 15 minutes then I doubt you have a shorted wire.
It sounds more like the temperature sensor probe going bad from the heat.

Old 05-07-16, 05:26 PM
Thanks Pete!

I will order a new sensor and install it. If that cures it from the fault, I'll have a less than $200 fix and I know that's a bargain. Thanks again for your help. I'll reply back and let you know, fix or fail. I will go ahead and check it for shorts to ground (chassis) anyhow.

Thomas

Old 05-14-16, 12:58 PM
The temp sensor fixed it. I sincerely appreciate your help. By the way, couldn't find a short to ground.

Thomas