Another dishwasher drain issue

Old 05-10-16, 11:27 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Another dishwasher drain issue

I have a GE-GSD2300R00ww dishwasher, it seems to drain alright (I think it should drain better) until the last drain cycle then it doesn't seem to drain at all and there is lots of water left standing inside, I took it apart several times looking for clogs,fine filter,chopping blades, drain hose, cleaned them best I could and still have same issue, loop seems to be right, it's not hooked up to disposal, is there censors or something else that could cause this problem before I just toss it out he back door. thanks jim

Old 05-10-16, 09:47 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
That washer uses a single wash and drain pump so that if it washes the dishes well then the pump is probably ok. There is a solenoid that pulls open a valve so that the water gets directed to the drain. The video I posted below shows how to change the solenoid. I just wanted you to see the area we're interested in. You can see the plastic rocker that the solenoid activates to start the drain cycle.

You can manually start the drain process by moving the plastic eccentric. Once the drain process starts..... the water coming out holds the valve open until it's drained. Check and make sure the mechanism is operating freely.

you tube/watch?v=Jiy1-XRI7-o

You may want to turn the power off to the dishwasher as there are live parts under it that you can come in contact with poking around under there.

Old 05-11-16, 12:01 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
thanks, looks easy enough, my only question is(probably a dumb one) my dishwasher does drain some,would this still be the problem,does this part slowly breakdown where it will drain some before it completely quit's. thanks again

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: