Whirlpool side x side fridge damper

Old 06-03-16, 04:53 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool side x side fridge damper

Model # GSF26C5EXW02. Motorized air damper wide open. Freezing food in fresh food section. Removed damper & hooked up jumper cord to it. Damper works fine, No power at plug where damper cord plugs into. Is thermistor bad? Or control board? What sends power to damper to regulate it? If thermistor, where is it located in fresh food section? Control board is very expensive. Want to make sure I replace the correct part. Thanks for the help! Dave

Old 06-03-16, 08:35 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Dave.... I'm on limited access here so I can't give you detailed help.

But... do this.... pull the grill off the lower front of the fridge. Look around and up in there for a tech sheet. It may be rolled up or folded and in a bag. It's a mini service manual and will be very helpful to you. Do look around.... it IS somewhere on/in the fridge.

Doing a quick look around.... you need tech sheet #W10373993 in case you can't locate it under the fridge. You can also grab it here... forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17702.0;attach=10559
(Download it and save it as I may pull the link from this post.)

Old 06-04-16, 08:01 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool side x side

Thanks! Downloaded & printed Tech sheet. Will run test this evening to see what it says is bad. Dave

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: