WP Cabrio steam dryer model #WED6600VW0

Old 08-05-16, 05:09 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
WP Cabrio steam dryer model #WED6600VW0

Hello. Had lightning hit my internet box and it took out my a/c (was just a fuse) and my Cabrio dryer had PF on the display.

When I put a load in the dryer, they are wetter than they were when I put them in. I discovered the diagnostic mode and got codes F25 (thermistor) and F29 (moisture sensor).

I replaced both today and threw a dry load in and let it run for about 30 minutes. My clothes were now soaked. So I ran the diagnostic again, and this time it threw the F25 only, so it's still saying the thermistor is bad. (There is only ONE thermistor right?)

Now first, I do not know how to use an ohm meter so if that is the best answer, then I'm just screwed.

I ran the dryer with nothing in it and turned the light on and I could see the mist of water constantly spraying. I really can't seem to find anything when I google this so thought I'd reach out here and see if you had any thoughts.

Could the thermal fuse be bad? I read a post somewhere about someone getting the F25 code falsely and it was the thermal fuse. But they were not having the same problem I am. I'm just trying to avoid buying all kinds of parts for this trying to find the problem.

I'm afraid it's the circuit board, but if that was bad would anything work? And would it have cleared one of the codes?

Anyone ever heard of this problem?????? Thanks for your time!!!!

Old 08-05-16, 06:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Sears just put a new diagnostic aid on there site for you dryer
WHIRLPOOL RESIDENTIAL DRYER Parts | Model WED6600VW0 | Sears PartsDirect
thermistor should read anbout 50,000 ohms, Are you getting any heat, run dryer empty a couple of minutes and open door you should feel heat, No heat you are looking in wrong place unless it fried control board.Have you found the tech sheet for your dryer? If not here is a copy
http://www.pwslaundry.com/files/docs...W10156037A.pdf
Shows 2 different types a single or dual element You will need to start checking continuity and voltages. Let us know if you are getting heat first.

Old 08-05-16, 06:41 PM
N
So sorry I didn't mention heat. Yes, it heats. Everything seems to work fine except the steam being continuous. Oh, and it's electric. Don't think I mentioned that.

I am not capable of much "diagnostics". Not even close to being any kind of electrician, nor do I know anything about how to even read an ohm meter so that is why I was hoping someone has had the same problem.

I may just have to call a technician to diagnose it for me and then replace the parts myself. If anyone would even do that knowing they won't be getting the repair money.

Thx pugsl

Old 08-05-16, 07:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
looking at diagram there is 2 thermistors inlet and exhaust. There does not look like there is a steam generator just a mister (I may have missed it in diagram ) but if that is the case I would disconnect hose from dryer. If you use he steam part it will take some volt or ohm checks. It sounds like mister is not shutting off. Possible valve or board problem.
Mister only comes on when dryer is on?

Old 08-06-16, 08:27 AM
N
So there IS a 2nd thermistor? I asked the store where I bought the parts and they said there was not. I only changed one, so maybe it's the wrong one I replaced? I will take a look at that today. That is exactly what I was hoping to find out pugsl. I believe I changed the exhaust and up until now wasn't sure if there really was an inlet thermistor.

Yes, the mister comes on only when dryer is on, but apparently stays on the whole time. I can disconnect it if need be but will try to find the other thermistor and replace it first.

Thanks so much pugsl!!!!!! I'll let you know later today (assuming they have another thermistor)

Old 08-06-16, 02:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Look at the tech sheet will give you all sort of help and location of parts I think.

Old 08-07-16, 08:12 AM
N
I looked at the tech sheet and it did help with the location of the inlet thermistor. I replaced it, but still getting steam in the dryer and the fault code of F25 still comes up. I guess this repair is beyond my capabilities and I'll have call a service tech. Pugsl I truly appreciate your help!!!

Old 08-07-16, 08:28 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Me I would disconnect water line and forget it. If you use the steam part I guess you need it but most customers I talked to said they never used it.

Old 08-08-16, 04:39 PM
N
I could live without it I'm sure, but I do use it. The only problem with that right now is the shut off valve won't turn so I can't shut the water off and remove/replace the hoses. I suppose I can shut off the main water valve. Thanks again pugsl. I will probably do just that.

Old 08-13-16, 09:42 AM
N
Pugsl....just an update. I removed the water hose from the dryer. Seems to work fine so I think I'm good to go for now. Thanks again for all the help. I LOVE this site!!!!

Old 08-13-16, 12:50 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Thanks for the update.Glad it's working.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: