Washing machine works half-way stoped before spining

Old 08-30-16, 12:15 PM
W
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Washing machine works half-way stoped before spining

My washing machine is running at the first, then stops at the halfway before release water - spining. I have to open lip and close lip, pull operation knob back hardly and push harder at the center of lip. Then, machine works fine for washing, releasing water and spining to dry. This situation continues about 4 weeks already, and need push lip center harder and harder than previous. Is there any switch related to the lip to adjust? This is whirlpool and is purchased 15 years ago.

Old 08-30-16, 01:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Post model # found in back under lid will look like this XXX.XXXXXXXX. Possible lid switch.
To check lid switch. Find slot in top under lid. Put hand under switch and lift up. Use a pen or small screwdriver and push down on lever with washer in spin. turn on and if washer spins you need a lid switch.

Old 09-01-16, 08:15 AM
W
Model: LXR9245EQ1
There is a plastic nob at the lid, there is a slot connecting to something (?) at the top of machine (after open the lid), which is hiding under machine top panel and will meet with plastic nob when close the lid. This stuff feels like an adapter connecting with wires. I can't see, but I can use finger to touch and feel them as wires and adapter, it may be the switch?. What can I do?

Thanks

Old 09-01-16, 09:04 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Follow my directions in last post if switch is bad you will feel the switch body close up and than when you push down on switch lever with washer in spin it will spin . Let us know and will tell you how to replace

Old 09-06-16, 11:40 AM
W
How to find the lever in "Switch"? I can not find the lever by touch it. It is stopped half way during washing, between Spin and Wash, actually it is stopped before "Rinse", so it is at washing stage.
Below picture 1 shows talked plastic tub and slot; also show wash stopping stage.
picture 2 shows talked "adapter", does it seem a switch, ? If it is, where is the lever. The picture is not clear, because it can't be seen from top (this picture looks different from my feeling by finger touching).Name:  Wash1.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  16.2 KBName:  100_2608.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  15.9 KB

Last edited by wen831; 09-06-16 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-06-16, 03:59 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't know how to Tell it any better. Put your hand under the top. Your finders under the top at the slot. Push up with your fingers. use a screwdriver or pen and put in slot and push down on lever. Washer will drain and spin. What happens to switch is the body splits and will not operate. You will need a new switch.

Old 09-14-16, 10:28 AM
W
You are right it is switch problem. How can I replace with new one? Should I turn over washer and remove other components? Thanks

Old 09-14-16, 12:41 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Most likely lid switch. On top under lid is a slot that is the switch. Put washer in spin and turn on put hand under switch and pull body of switch up. Use a pen or screwdriver and push down on lever thorough slot while holding switch. If spins now switch is bad.
On console there are 2 plastic caps on end. They pop off and than there are 2 screws/ remove screws and pull and lift console. it will hinge up and back. Unplug lid switch. 2 gold colored clips take them off. cabinet will come off and than you can replace switch.

Old 09-16-16, 09:02 AM
W
thank you very much, I'll order switch and do it

Old 09-29-16, 09:19 AM
W
Yesterday, I got switch from AMAZON and replace it. It works immediately. Thank you very much

Old 09-29-16, 09:55 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Thanks for the update,.....................

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: