Kenmore 70 Series Washer Shaking on Spin Cycle

Old 11-05-16, 10:03 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore 70 Series Washer Shaking on Spin Cycle

Hello,

I overloaded my Kenmore 70 Series washer last night. It started to shake violently with a large load, and I stopped it as soon as I heard it. Now, the tub is very loose (I don't believe it was like this before, but not entirely sure) and clothes are shaking pretty violently in the spin cycle. Could you please assist me in troubleshooting this issue?

I did research this issue prior to posting about it, and found instructions to remove the cabinet. I have the cabinet open now, but beyond disconnected springs, am not sure what to check for (as far as I can see, all of the springs are connected).

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-16, 10:54 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 16 Posts
Please post model # found under lid in back. Lean washer back against wall and look underneath Washer. You should see 3 spring around tub and one spring from tub to frame in back. Tub assy. is loose in cabinet and should move easily. Put washer in spin empty and see if it spins without shaking. Do not lay washer on floor.

Old 11-05-16, 11:33 AM
Thank you for your help. The model number says 110 20712 990. I checked and do see the three springs that you mentioned around the tub. I also found the spring from the tub to the frame in back. That spring is connected but slightly loose. Should I allow the tub to fill with water first?

The tub assembly is loose. I can move it very easily in every direction. If I move it one direction, it pretty much stays in that direction until I re-center it.

Thanks again for your help.

Old 11-05-16, 11:45 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Rear spring should have tension on it but is a fairly light spring. If it is still there it should be ok. Yes put water in it to try, If spins ok than add about 3 or 4 towels and try it. make sure they are spread around tub. Sound like you had a unbalanced load. It will do everything you said it did. If you want to check put the towels all to one side and let it spin but be ready to shut it off.

Old 11-11-16, 09:52 AM
I apologize for my delayed response. As you suggested, I put 4 towels in and tried it. While it does vibrate the concrete floor a little bit, it no longer walks as it did before. Thanks for all of your help.

Old 11-11-16, 10:35 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Thanks for the update, Can't say how many service calls I have been on for your problem, Almost always out of balance problem.