Lady Kenmore series 90 won't fill

Old 04-28-01, 05:04 PM
Visiting Guest
I recently replaced my timer on my washer. If I set timer for any setting, it won't fill. It drizzles water for 1 second then stops. I can hear a buzzing coming from control area. If I turn knob further, it will fill. However, if I shut the lid, it will start to agitate. I can turn timer back to begining of cycle and it will then run the cycle completely. Any suggestions?

Old 04-28-01, 07:01 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Cool

Originally posted by dayeaw
[B It drizzles water for 1 second then stops. I can hear a buzzing coming from control area. If I turn knob further, it will fill. However, if I shut the lid, it will start to agitate. [/B]
Hello.

The dripping in water sounded like the water taps where possibly shut off...but the agitating when the lid is closed has me worried!! Will it agitate even with out the water??...if yes...and has only srated this after the part change...sounds like some wire(s) where mixed up or possibly pulled off somewhere. Outside change of a bad part as well Doesn't happen often, but can happen.

Was there any wire change instructions with the timer??

jeff.

http://www.applianceaid.com/
http://appliancehelp.hypermart.net/

Old 01-14-07, 02:42 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have the same problem with my machine. Mine just dribbles water in the rinse cycle. I don't know what to do! My Mom and I have to stand there and add water by hand. I could use some information.

Old 01-16-07, 04:05 PM
D
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Lioness, welcome to the DoItYourself.com forums

Yikes! Sure seems like a pain to have to stand there and add water...

I am no pro, but can provide some troubleshooting information. See here:

http://www.repairclinic.com/0088_11_1.asp#Level1_10

It says (for slow to fill or for no water at all):

"It's slow to fill
Check to see if there's good water volume coming through the hoses attached to the washing machine. If there is, check to see if the screens inside the water-inlet valve are clean. (The water-inlet valve is the device on the washing machine that the fill hoses are attached to.) If they're clean, you probably have a defective water-inlet valve. If so, you should completely replace the valve.

There's no water at all
If there's no water at all, make these checks:

Is there water getting to the machine?

Is the water-volume selector switch set properly and are the control panel buttons pressed in all the way?

If you have a MaytagŪ washer, is the fuse (if there is one) in the control panel at the lid-switch bracket blown?

Is there a faint buzzing or humming noise coming from the water-inlet valve? (The water-inlet valve is the device on the washing machine that the fill hoses are attached to.) If you can't hear anything, the water-inlet valve may not be getting any power. If you can hear some noise and there's water present, you may need to completely replace the water-inlet valve."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: