Frigidaire side by side refrigerator: fridge cold/freezer warm

Old 05-22-17, 01:28 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Frigidaire side by side refrigerator: fridge cold/freezer warm

I've owned a Frigidaire side by side, model GLRS237ZAW5 for about 5 years. The refrigerator section gets too cold and the freezer too warm. With the ice maker on, it is even worse in the freezer section and runs about 25 F degrees. I have disconnected it because the freezer is unusable with it engaged. I've replaced every module that is on it including the ice cube mechanism and thermostat with no improvement. I've also checked for air flow blockage but all seems well. Any info on this problem would be greatly apprecitated!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-17, 06:45 PM
Group Moderator
Received 913 Votes on 853 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

That looks to be an Electrolux fridge. Plenty of problems especially with the dampers.

I'm having a problem locating the tech sheet on that appliance. I'm pretty sure the main thermostat controls the fridge temp and a separate thermostat and damper controls the freezer temp. Since the freezer is warm.... the damper is probably stuck and not opening properly.

Your fridge should have come with a tech sheet. Remove the lower kick plate. Using a flashlight and mirror as it may be tucked up. It's a 2-3 page mini manual that has diagnostic routines on it.

You can post the part number on it and I can look it up.
Meanwhile I'll keep checking.