Kenmore 80 series washer wont rinse or spin

Old 05-29-17, 03:35 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore 80 series washer wont rinse or spin

My kenmore 80 series wont advance to the rinse or spin cycles. It has occasionally stopped before the rinse cycle before, but by manually moving the dial it would advance. Now it will always stop before the rinse cycle. When i manually move it, it stays in the rinse cycle for a few minutes and just stops. It agitates but wont spin even by manually moving the dial.

I dont think its the lid switch because I replaced that less than a year ago. Theres no blockage in the drain line. Im starting to think its the timer. Any thoughts or opinions are much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-17, 04:02 PM
Group Moderator
Received 913 Votes on 853 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

In order to know the manufacturer I need the model number. It will look like xxx.xxxxxxx and can be found by lifting the lid and looking down below it.

If the timer is physically not advancing/turning to spin than that would indicate a timer problem.

Old 05-29-17, 04:25 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Model number is 110.28822790. It doesnt work if i manually move it to spin either. Would that also indicate a timer issue?

Old 05-29-17, 05:29 PM
Group Moderator
Received 913 Votes on 853 Posts
It could indicate a timer problem but I'd double check the lid switch first.

That's a Whirlpool machine.

Old 05-29-17, 06:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 60 Votes on 56 Posts
Easy way to check lid switch
Most likely lid switch. On top under lid is a slot that is the switch. Put washer in spin and turn on put hand under switch and pull body of switch up. Use a pen or screwdriver and push down on lever thorough slot while holding switch. If spins now switch is bad.
On console there are 2 plastic caps on end. They pop off and than there are 2 screws/ remove screws and pull and lift console. it will hinge up and back. Unplug lid switch. 2 gold colored clips take them off. cabinet will come off and than you can replace switch.
Check to see if you are getting cold water, Washer must have cold water to rinse.