Kenmore Side-by-side beeping and no water

Old 07-06-17, 05:03 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Side-by-side beeping and no water

795-51839.410
Kenmore Side-by-side refrigerator
Beeping every minute. Da-ding, da-ding, da-ding, da-ding, da-ding.
I have never seen frost in this device.

Something has gone south on this fridge. It started with the water not working and constant beeping this Christmas. It lasted for a few weeks and then magically resolved whatever was wrong. No beeping and the water was back. Now, 7 months later, it is acting up again.

The beeping and water issues started again in June. We called a repairman that we know and he gave us a list of things that could be going wrong.

We replaced the main board and it resolved nothing. The fridge beeps within a few minutes of being plugged in.

It cools and all of the fans are working.

What should I try next?

Old 07-07-17, 06:21 PM
Group Moderator
Received 877 Upvotes on 740 Posts
Your fridge wouldn't happen to have a door alarm? That is all I can think of that would be beeping. Perhaps the door sensor/switch is bad???

Old 07-07-17, 09:08 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
That looks like an LG fridge made for Sears. I cannot find that model number.
It should look like 795.xxxxxxxxxxxx

Usually the alarm is for above normal temperatures inside the fridge or freezer.

And Tolyn brings up a valid point about a door switch. Most units won't dispense if the door switch has a problem and the unit thinks the door is open.

Major appliances today come with a tech sheet. It's a mini service manual and is contained somewhere in the fridge. Usually it can be found behind the front kick plate. It may be hidden (and up) so look carefully. That will have diagnostic routines on it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: