Frigidaire Galaxy Washer keeps stopping after wash cycle

Old 07-11-17, 11:27 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Frigidaire Galaxy Washer keeps stopping after wash cycle

We have an older (10 years or so) Frigidaire Galaxy washer model# GLWS1339CS1 that keeps stopping at the end of the wash cycle and does not progress to the rinse cycle. There is a low level humming sound and it won't progress. If we push the knod in and edge it forward it moves on to the rinse cycle and completes the load. I was advised to replace the timer control unit. I obtained a new OEM timer control and installed it but we continue to have the same issue. Does anyone have any other repair advice? The rest of the washer is in great shape so I hate to replace it.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-17, 12:25 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 50 Votes on 46 Posts
Usual reason for no spin is a bad lid switch. Where does the hum come from? Console or lower down?

Old 07-16-17, 08:36 AM
R
I won't be at the home until next weekend. I'll try to identify the source of the humming and respond then. Thanks for your response.

Old 07-23-17, 02:52 PM
R
Got a chance to check on your question today and the hum seems to be coming from the front of the unit below where the lid latch inserts into the top of the washer so you may be right. Is it the lid switch I should look for in replacement parts? Should that part be replaceable by somewhat of a novice? Thanks for your help and advice.

Old 07-24-17, 03:52 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Post model # so i can help. To many machines and Galaxy dose not help.

Old 07-24-17, 08:43 AM
R
Frigidaire Galaxy washer model# GLWS1339CS1 10+ years old.
Thanks

Old 07-24-17, 09:41 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Here is the lid switch part # just google it. Found many for around 10 to 15 dollars
134101800 That is a switch and lock assy. if I remember right.

Old 07-24-17, 02:07 PM
R
Thanks again. I'll order the part and give it a try.

Old 08-08-17, 02:59 PM
R
I installed the new lid switch but I am still having the same problem of the washer not progressing to the rinse cycle. So now I have replaced both the timer control unit and the lid switch without resolving the issue. Still getting the same humming sound which seems to come from the front of the washer when it sticks between cycles. Any other thoughts?
Thanks

Old 08-08-17, 04:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Take the front off and see if it is the motor that is humming. Not a common problem with that washer but could happen. If it is the motor is bad. Don't think your washer has a start capacitor. Let us know what you find out about hum.

Old 08-15-17, 01:22 PM
R
As you suggested I removed the front panel and I was able to isolate the humming sound when the washer stops to one of the two contacts to the water valve which attaches to the two hoses at the upper rear of the cabinet. Specifically it is the white contact in the attached photo. Is the valve likely defective and should be replaced or would there be some other source of the issue? It's a fairly expensive part and suppliers say it cannot be returned once installed so I want to be fairly sure before proceeding. Thanks again for your advice.
Name:  IMG_0587.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  22.3 KB

Old 08-15-17, 03:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Water valves should not hum, Take the hose off valve abd there is a screen inside valve that comes out. Clean screen and reinstall and see if this helps. Can leave front off to check. Look for a online supplier that has 365 day returns. Google this part # I found one you 18.$ in amazon