Whirlpool GHW9300PW4 with FH code

Old 07-29-17, 02:21 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Whirlpool GHW9300PW4 with FH code

I am not a novice repairing my home appliances but this one has me stumped. My washer threw an F/H code while on Sterilization cycle. I was away from the house when it did it. I followed the trouble shooting procedure in the manual: Select Pause/Cancel twice, unplug washer.

The pump (I think) is still running constantly but seems to be out of water. The door is locked and will not unlock. If I turn the cycle dial to any other selection, the estimated time changes to what seems to be an appropriate time.

I have read other posts about F/H errors. The Control Unit (CCU) is mentioned in many of them as well as diagnostic codes. I have found the CCU on Amazon for a lot less than the parts places online are offering.

How do I retrieve a diagnostic code? Also, I have clothes in the washer... Can I take the front panels off with the door locked?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-17, 02:33 PM
Group Moderator
Received 733 Votes on 688 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You'll need to remove the three screws at the bottom of the lower service panel. There will be a tech sheet (#8182677) folded up in there. It will tell you how to put machine into diagnostic routine. There is also info there on how to unlock and empty your machine.

Have you tried the universal reset..... unplug appliance for 1 minute and then try again.

Old 07-29-17, 04:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 50 Votes on 46 Posts
You will need to get tech sheet in bottom of washer. Here is a break down of washer and under pictures are codes. These are generatic so follow what your sheet says.
WHIRLPOOL RESIDENTIAL WASHER Parts | Model GHW9300PW4 | Sears PartsDirect

Old 07-30-17, 11:30 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks all for the replies.

I will get the tech sheet next. I tried the unplug/reset thing. The washer still runs the drain pump after turning it back on. I tried to put it in diagnostic mode but it won't go into it. I believe the CCU may be bad. It will not cancel and seems to think it is stuck in the its cycle. If I turn the cycle selection knob, the time changes but the pump doesn't quit running. Not being able to cancel, unlock and seeming to be hung in the cycle in progress is making me think the CCU is bad.

I also checked the strainers at the hose connections to see if the F/H is a valid code. There is not issue with water unless it is the flow detector or the inlet mags are not working properly.

I will try to get the door opened for now to keep the damp clothes from spoiling.

Thanks again,
abq87120

Old 07-30-17, 01:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 50 Votes on 46 Posts
After you take the bottom panel off reach up to lock I think there is a pull on bottom of lock. Been a few years since retired and can't remember for sure. Here is your lock, round tab on bottom is what you pull
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part.../0026/110.html