Kenmore Elite Oasis Clothes Washer

Old 08-22-17, 05:33 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Elite Oasis Clothes Washer

The lid is unlocking during the wash cycle and the spin cycle and does not reingage unless the stop button resets and then start is pushed. The cycles are working while it is running. I tried the diagnostic where you push the "soil" button 3 times. The code F 84 came up. Does the latch need replaced, or is there a problem with the computer board or something else?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-17, 03:31 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 50 Votes on 46 Posts
Please post model # name means nothing as many have same name. Model # is found under lid in back. Lid must lock to spin.With model # I might be able to find tech sheet.

Old 08-23-17, 06:39 PM
D
Kenmore model 110.27032600

More detail: The washer runs through to the wash cycle, and then the lock unlatches and the dL code shows. I push the "stop" button to remove the code, hit the "start" button and it runs again until the spin cycle where the same thing happens. I hit the "stop" and that changes the code to normal function showing 12 minutes remaining. The start button runs it through the end of the cycles.

Old 08-24-17, 03:27 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Retired a few years ago but know washer well, Will have to put thinking cap on for a while, In console there is a tech sheet that will tell you how to get into test mode. If tech sheet is not there it will be taped to front of washer inside on left side. looking for a tech sheet online now.
Back the DL is a door lock code, lid must be locked to spin.

Last edited by pugsl; 08-24-17 at 03:45 AM.
Old 08-24-17, 05:44 PM
D
test mode....do you mean running it through the cycles? I ran the test, and instead of running through the cycles it showed the F 84 code.

True, the lid must be locked in order to run. I read that the lid unlocks at the beginning of each cycle, and then re-locks to continue.

Old 08-25-17, 12:56 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Originally Posted by dilohi View Post
test mode....do you mean running it through the cycles? I ran the test, and instead of running through the cycles it showed the F 84 code.

True, the lid must be locked in order to run. I read that the lid unlocks at the beginning of each cycle, and then re-locks to continue.
I could not find a tech sheet on line for your washer. You will have to find it.Screws in back of console that I got to them reaching over from front. 2 spring clips between top and cabinet that I pushed back with a putty knife.Clips are a couple inches in from edge. On tech sheet there are instructions on how to get into test mode and what codes are.Will need to open top and console to change lock.
Here is a quick video of how to get into diagnostic mode
https://applianceassistant.com/Appli...s.php?id=11126
Your buttons may look different but it is same washer with a different name plate.

Old 08-26-17, 10:32 AM
D
Dear Pugsl:

I have already stated in two of my previous postings in this thread that I have done the diagnostic test. The code given is F 84 which refers to the lid not locking. I just need to know how to proceed from here. Is it the locking mechanism or something on the computer board? Or should I check something else?

Old 08-26-17, 11:15 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
If you find the tech sheet the test for lid lock is on it.

Old 08-27-17, 04:20 PM
D
Thank you for your help. Suprisingly, it is working normally now. Maybe running the diagnotics or fiddling with things did the trick. Hopefully, it will stay fixed.

Thanks again for your replies.

Old 08-27-17, 05:40 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Maybe a loose wire but I would guess the problem will reappear.