Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Household Cleaning, Kitchen Appliance Service and Repairs > >Electric< Large Kitchen and Home Appliances
Reload this Page >

Maytag ice maker..clicking sound this am real fast clicking.but it piles up.

Maytag ice maker..clicking sound this am real fast clicking.but it piles up.

Old 09-27-17, 07:40 AM
B
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Question Maytag ice maker..clicking sound this am real fast clicking.but it piles up.

My ice maker is working and piling up ice as it should. But now Suddenly started this fast clicking noise , I checked everything with my stethoscpe. It is the ice maker. Funny part is when you open the freezer bottom drawer IT STOPS clicking. whats going on with my ice maker. It 2002 refrigerator. time for new?rather try repairing this one first help and thank you for taking the time to help me bob s

Old 09-27-17, 10:09 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Yes... opening the freezer door will stop the ice maker.

The ice maker timer is supposed to run one cycle and stop. If the timer doesn't stop it will continue to make clicking sounds. Usually when that happens it won't make ice.

There really is no repairing the ice maker. It can be replaced. It just hangs on the sidewall and plugs in. Post the complete model number for the fridge.

Old 09-27-17, 02:13 PM
B
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
PJ!! Hard at today aayy???I found "frozen ice cube mass" that was frozen down to the tray, on top. So i got my heat gun out and put it on low, Pretty soon ice maker filled again froze again . All set now thank you much -Pj max for helping me so quickly bob s this post is done

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: