Small refrigerator dilemma

Old 10-14-17, 07:24 AM
B
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Small refrigerator dilemma

I'm kind of at a loss with a situation I'm having. In a bar area there is an under counter refrigerator circa early 1990s. It no longer works and was not able to be repaired. Whoever installed the refrigerator, counter top, etc seems to have basically installed the granite counter top directly on top of the refrigerator. There is no room to pull the old refrigerator out. I've had several appliance guys, handy men, etc look at it with no good answers other then ripping out the entire counter top and mirrored side walls, back splash etc. Absurd project to remove a small refrigerator. Anyone out there have any ideas? THanks

Old 10-14-17, 07:41 AM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cut it apart with a sawsall but try to get someone to reclaim the Freon first if they can reach the lines.

Old 10-14-17, 07:42 AM
Received 15 Votes on 13 Posts
Probably something that a picture or two would help us visualize. My first reaction is a sawsall with a demo blade.

Old 10-15-17, 04:07 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,611 Votes on 1,483 Posts
Going to be almost impossible to reclaim the refrigerant out of that unit. There won't be much in a small fridge like that anyway. Sawzall is probably good but need to be careful cutting too deep and damaging something else. The demo blade will shake the place apart. Use a fine metal blade. It will cut metal and any nearby wood. Three cuts just down from the top..... along the two sides and the back.

How - to - insert - pictures

Old 10-15-17, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Is the company still in business? The fridge maker I mean? Might be worth exploring. There may be a simple option that will cause less frustration and possible damage. Maybe just cut the legs off or similar?

Old 10-15-17, 06:01 PM
Received 15 Votes on 13 Posts
Another thought is to look at the back panel to your counter/cabinets and see if it is removed, can you slide the fridge out from behind.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: