Kitchenaid dishwasher lights blinking not working

Old 01-23-18, 04:20 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink Kitchenaid dishwasher lights blinking not working

Our Kitchenaid dishwasher suddenly quit and some of the control panel lights started blinking. I looked up possible causes and everything I found said a short in the control panel pushbuttons. I shut off the power and ordered a replacement control panel. These panels are pricey, > $100! After waiting about 3 days while the replacement panel was being shipped I turned the power back on and found the dishwasher now works again.

Didn't think about it before, but the most likely cause of the problem was probably moisture in the ribbon cable connection to the control board. Should have disassembled to access the ribbon cable and unplug it, make sure the contacts were dry and maybe hit the connector strip with a hair dryer for a little while. I bet it would have worked!

Might want to check and similar problems like this prior to ordering a pricey replacement.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-18, 05:17 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 70 Votes on 63 Posts
Ribbon cable connections ave been a known problem. Good job on finding it. A pencil eraser works also.

Old 01-23-18, 09:38 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,019 Votes on 946 Posts
You're lucky. Maytags.... fine Whirlpool built units..... are plagued with ribbon cables that erode and corrode from the heat and steam......and you cannot replace just the ribbon cable...... the entire plastic housing, keypad and cable get replaced for almost $200.