In ProcessAdSlots.php line 39: Trying to access array offset on value of type null

Problem with my whirlpool cooking range,…..

Old 01-29-18, 09:02 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Problem with my whirlpool cooking range,…..

Problem with my whirlpool cooking range,….. .

My cooking range is Whirlpool,… older,… 12-15yrs old,.. still looks new and good and was working fine till date… .

Model RF375PXEW

S.N. : RG 4126575

http://kitchen.manualsonline.com/man...6pxe.html?p=33
https://usermanual.wiki/Whirlpool/Wh...9009/html#pf1d
http://www.manualsworld.net/manual/6...lpool/rf375pxe

Coils were checked,… are nothing broken,.. Opened the hood, ( top white plate ) all wires are fine,.. .

But now,… It has started smoking,.. no matter you start any stove,it creates smoke like,….. little oil is buring or sort of some plastic is burning,.. and coilds never gets red but smoke is coming and after a whiel it also stops,.. little smell,.. bbut it does every time, with any oil,… why ? .

How to reboot the range ? Any advice ,… .

Pictures I have posted here :

http://www.snehasallapam.com/3701889-post14990.html

……

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-18, 10:15 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,046 Votes on 970 Posts
I'm not sure what is smoking. Is it one of the top burners or the oven ?

Old 01-29-18, 05:41 PM
R
You could be right,…. But I would adopt a first step before checking those,….. My guess is, when the coil is not used for a long time,.. it has some oily particles on it and also on the covered aluminum foils,….. there remain some food, dirt dust,.. and other old food ( when you are cooking any liquid and it rises and over flows,… ) which also burns,.. so let me give a try for a washed clean coil ( dry ) and also would remove all foils,,….. and let see,….. .

Later I would turn the fuse off for the range and open those plastic contacts and let see, if they are in good condition,….. !2 Days ago, a coil got broken by itself,.. it got a little spark and broke by itself,…I guess it was old and metal part at some area got corroded and due to rust it broke,.. as metal of the coil is only a thin film,.. inside there remains some sort of white gunmetal powder,… .

The smoke is coming from below the coil and it also smells like burning of plastic like,… See below video ,… This happens for all the coils, after that coil got broken, 2 days ago,…… It’s not the steam of the food ( or from food cooking on, inside ) it smells and also makes my fire-alarm on,… .

https://www.facebook.com/utpal.yadav...1152522653763/

…..

Old 01-29-18, 06:04 PM
R
This coil got broken ( by itself, with a little spark at a corroded place ) and I guess after that, something has triggered off,,…

Old 01-29-18, 06:09 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,046 Votes on 970 Posts
If there is something greasy on the coils.... they will smoke. Many manufactures recommend not putting tinfoil below the burners as it can get hot enough to cause the foil to burn. You also need to be very careful the tinfoil doesn't touch one of the electrical fittings on the heating element.

The heating coils only last so long and then need to be replaced.

Old 01-29-18, 09:06 PM
I couldn't agree with Pete more, your problem is probably the foil.
I know your range is older, but many new ranges emboss the range with specific instructions "do not use foil".
Aluminum foil was not designed to handle the higher temperatures created by heating elements and oven temperatures.
People used to do it for ease of cleaning but that's not a good idea.

It may not be related to your problem, but be aware that hot (smoking) oil can ignite and is a major cause of kitchen fires.

Old 02-11-18, 08:34 AM
R
Problem solved,… nothing was serious,….

Washed elec. coils with plain warm water and let it dried, Dripping pan also washed similarly and aluminum foils changed of that particular daily used coil,..… White metal surface around the dripping pan which was washed with Easy off earlier,.. I again cleaned with warm water and wiped,..

It’s not smoking any more,.. Thx all for help and interest,…