How to find size of Dryer Drum?

Old 02-09-18, 06:05 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to find size of Dryer Drum?

I have just purchased a washer with a 5.0 cu ft capacity. I don't know if the dryer I currently have may now be too small for the washer size. Just tried it yesterday, while the washer was on the third load the dryer had still not finished the first load. Based on what I have read the rule of thumb should be 1:2 ratio, although to me it sounds like overkill. I see that the recommended size for the washer I have is a dryer with a capacity of 7.3 cu ft. I have looked online to find the manual or even just comparing the drum dimensions to get an idea of what size I have. Can someone please point me in the right direction as far as where to find the information? CROSLEY MOD: CGDX463JQ0 SER: MK2801011

Any help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-18, 06:08 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,045 Votes on 969 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Based on what wash setting you've set..... the washer will always finish a load before the dryer is done.

I estimate my average wash cycle to be 20-25 minutes while the dryer is closer to an hour.

Keep in mind.... a standard wash setting has a longer final spin cycle so the clothes will be drier from increased spinning. The permanent press cycle has a shorter final spin and the clothes will be wetter and take longer to dry.

Last edited by PJmax; 02-09-18 at 06:29 PM.
Old 02-09-18, 06:14 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your quick reply its good to know that I am not the only one waiting on the dryer to catch up

Old 02-09-18, 06:30 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,045 Votes on 969 Posts
I couldn't find the answer to the drum capacity.

For questions about features, operation/performance, parts, accessories or service call: 1-800-253-1301 or visit their website at www.crosley.com

Also... the model number you posted is not complete.

Old 02-10-18, 02:19 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 71 Votes on 64 Posts
This is FYI CROSLEYIs made by Whirlpool and all Whirlpool parts fit. Timers might have slightly different cycle times. One of the chief reasons for long dry times is a clogged vent also the chief reasons for me to come out on a service call to repair dryers. Hour dry time is common.
I have found out the Whirlpool parts are usually cheaper than same part from Crosley.