Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Washer leaving marks on clothes?

CAL

02-11-18, 11:09 AM   #1 (permalink)  
Washer leaving marks on clothes?

I have a Maytag washing machine which is about 15 years old. Some of the clothes that come out have some type of stuff on them. Can't really tell what it is. Sometimes it is has the pattern of the drain holes in the tub. We have ran strong mixed cycles of bleach and vinegar with no change. What can be used to totally clean the system.

skeeter

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NJ

02-11-18, 11:29 AM   #2 (permalink)  
I use Affresh for clothes washers when I encounter a dirty tub.

~ Pete ~

Forum Topic Moderator

NC

02-11-18, 01:36 PM   #3 (permalink)  
Most marks on clothes come from dryer. Check clothes before putting in dryer and let us know. Some dryers are worse than others.

Super Moderator

AZ

02-11-18, 02:01 PM   #4 (permalink)  
You would be amazed at how grungy the tub and outside of a basket can get. When I had to pull my near 20 y/o Kenmore apart...she reused to let me put it back together until we had scrubbed and scraped and hammered and chipped all the collected crud out or off.

But the only time I ever had a washer leaving marks was when some seal or o-ring failed and there was lubricant getting in. It's been so long, I don't even remember exactly.

Vic
"I sometimes wonder how some people ever made it to adulthood..."

Forum Topic Moderator

NC

02-11-18, 05:50 PM   #5 (permalink)  
Vic your washer is the norm. Hate to say how dirty they get. We are not paid to clean. Had one customer who wanted me to clean so called boss and she was charged a lot for us to clean. Forgot how much.
Dirt never gets to clothes.

CAL

02-11-18, 08:10 PM   #6 (permalink)  
Forgot to mention that it is from the washer. We clothes line dry some clothes and it even shows up on them.

skeeter

Forum Topic Moderator

NC

02-12-18, 02:29 AM   #7 (permalink)  
Name and model # will help.

Search this Thread