GE dishwasher not pumping/draining QuietPower 3 GLDA690

Old 03-12-18, 05:18 PM
GE dishwasher not pumping/draining QuietPower 3 GLDA690

Our dishwasher is only 3-4 years old, but the pump appears to have stopped. Edited to add: Full model number GLDA690F00BB.

Before the issue:
  • Two days ago I noticed that it was very gunky around the door, so I cleaned around the door, removed and cleaned the filter assembly, then ran it empty on heavy duty/hot to give it an extra cleaning (only dishwasher soap, nothing else).
  • We then filled the dishwasher as usual, and my wife ran it today. She's not here right now to verify details, but I know that it leaked water (though possibly it was spillage when she opened it) and the dishwasher was full of water.

What I've tried so far:
  • Draining the rest of the water, removing and rinsing the filter assembly, and reseating the filter. NOTE: It's possible that I didn't have it in there correctly after I cleaned it the other day.
  • I live by "when in doubt, reboot" so I turned off the breaker for a few minutes then turned it back on.
  • I ran a rinse cycle and monitored, and at no point did I hear the sound of a pump.
  • I verified that the garbage disposal is running and the sink is draining without any problem. Also verified that nothing looks out of place under the sink. FYI the disposal is less than a year old.

SO, I'm seriously hoping that there's something else I can try, because pulling and repairing the dishwasher is beyond my physical ability, even if it's an easy part to replace/check when the dishwasher is pulled. If there's anything else I can try while the dishwasher is fully installed, please let me know!

Last edited by RMPondite; 03-12-18 at 07:01 PM. Reason: add full model number
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-18, 06:25 PM
Group Moderator
That is only a group number. It's missing several classification letters.

There is a dedicated drain pump in that washer. You should be able to get to it by removing the front kickplate. You'd need to either check the motor with an ohmmeter or the connecting plug with a voltmeter when it should be pumping.

This link shows the exploded views. Click on the "Motor-pump mechanism" tab for the correct diagram. The pump is pictorial part #17 in the diagram. The actual part number should be WD26X10032.

sears parts direct/glda690f00bb/0432/0130000.html

Old 03-12-18, 07:06 PM
Full model number GLDA690F00BB.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately between my back issues and the desire to get this fixed asap, I think we'll be calling the repair professionals tomorrow.

Old 03-12-18, 08:40 PM
Group Moderator
I picked one of 20 possible model numbers and it happened to be the correct one.

Most dishwashers have a drain button. I'm guessing you tried that and heard nothing.

If you can get down to remove the front kickplate.... there should be a tech sheet hidden in there. It will have diagnostics on it. It will try to run the pump from the diagnostic menu.