No water at dispenser and ice maker

Old 05-04-18, 03:51 PM
A
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No water at dispenser and ice maker

We have a GE Profile French door style refrigerator, model PFSS6PKXESS. Today we noticed there is no water at the dispenser - it worked yesterday - and the ice maker has stopped producing ice.

The owners manual is not too much help... It says to hold the dispenser arm for 2 minutes - no joy.

I've confirmed there is water supply to the back of the frig.

We replaced the filter about 2 months ago and it has worked properly since. I removed and checked the filter and it appears normal - full of water, not frozen.

There are no obvious indications the refrigerator is freezing up. The temp of the frig part is set at 38ļ.

Any guidance? What can I check next?

Thanks guys!

Old 05-05-18, 09:52 AM
A
Is there a pump that pushes the water to the dispenser or does the pressure from the water line provide the flow? I hear a faint humming sound when we push the dispenser bar - pretty sure the sound was there before this failure - basically no change - just trying to figure out how the system works.

I found this part in the diagram...

https://www.geapplianceparts.com/sto...pec/WR57X10091

...could this be the gizmo that failed?

Old 05-05-18, 10:02 AM
Group Moderator
Received 4,051 Upvotes on 3,634 Posts
I have to look up that fridge.

Usually there is a common water valve that allows water into the fridge. Then there is a second.... two part valve.... one part allows water to flow to the door and the other part allows flow to the ice maker.

Old 05-11-18, 05:41 PM
A
OK, I replaced the part I referenced above - the water valve - and it didn't fix the problem. Any guidance on what I should check next?

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: