Whirlpool Duet Washer doesn't power on

Old 05-20-18, 03:58 PM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Whirlpool Duet Washer doesn't power on

Model # wfw9200sq02 (I believe 2006 - I just got it used).

The washer was a give-away (I needed a new dryer and they tossed the washer in with that deal). It needed a new door latch, so I replaced that. Once replaced, I powered it up, then pressed start to ensure it would lock the door and start the cycle. Once that was confirmed, I canceled, unplugged, then finished putting it all back together. (Note: this was in my garage so no water connected to it).

Once all back together, plug it back in and the power button doesn't seem to be working. It doesn't power up when I press it. I can press any other button and use it to get into self diagnostics mode (i.e. Start, Rinse, Wash Temp) by pressing for two seconds, release for two seconds, press for two seconds - self test starts. The code that pops up is F22 (looks like it's reporting the door latch). The power button still does nothing, but cancel does shut it back down.

Does it need a new electronic control board? (I hope not, that part is a little too rich for my blood). Or is there a way to test just the power button?

Old 05-21-18, 12:46 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
What did you take apart to replace door lock. All that was needed is to take boot loose from front panel and reach in there. Sounds like you may have knocked a wire loose from lock. I guess you found tech sheet there should have been a 4 diget code something F3E2 For your model.

Old 05-21-18, 05:16 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
To replace the door lock, I removed the spring that holds the boot then opened that to reach behind where that was. Removed the lock. Then to get the new one plugged in, I had to get the top off and reach down from there to plug the middle and bottom connectors. I just couldn't get those connected from the front. I'll look to see if there are any loose connectors.

I didn't find any tech sheet, just another post somewhere about how to get into diag mode, and some error codes.

Old 05-21-18, 03:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Tech sheet should be behind lower panel if yours comes off, will be taped to side or in panel. 3 or 4 screws with a 9/32 head.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: