LG Bottom Freezer not working/Ice maker also not working

Old 06-20-18, 12:12 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
LG Bottom Freezer not working/Ice maker also not working

My LG freezer and ice maker have stopped working. Model # LFXS24623S.
The temp is set to -1 F, but the freezer is no longer freezing. All ice has leaked out of the ice maker.
Removed the back panel, no ice build up on the coils, no water in the pan. Fan running.
No ice build up in the freezer either.
I would like to check the evaporator fan, but I can't figure out how to get the panel off that's covering it in the back of the freezer.
Last night I unplugged the fridge for about 1 hour, and then plugged it back in, let it run overnight. Everything in the freezer was still mush. Had to throw everything out.
I'm stumped!

Old 06-20-18, 05:51 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Not the easiest appliances to work on. That fridge has several fans. In the link below is the complete service manual which will help you get to the fans. Please download it and let me know when you have as I will be removing the link.

LG service manual.pdf

Old 06-21-18, 09:13 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you! I found that online as well. I ran out of time and patience, and have a repair person coming shortly. When I opened the fridge this morning, it was also warm. So frustrating!!

Old 06-21-18, 09:27 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
Both warm is usually a sign of a dirty condenser coil under the unit where the compressor and fan is. If that hasn't been cleaned and vacuumed.... it would be a start.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: