Door won't close on Brand New Kenmore Side by Side fridge

Old 06-26-18, 02:40 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Door won't close on Brand New Kenmore Side by Side fridge

HI everyone,

We just had our new fridge delivered and after they left, noticed the freezer door will not totally close. This is a Kenmore 50049 25 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator with Ice Maker with Window in Black. The Fridge is snug, the freezer pops open. I've checked and nothing seems bent, it doesn't seem to be obstructed by anything and the seal all seems good, straight, etc. When you push it closed, it immediately pops open about 1/4 inch. Sorry for the side ways photos...they don't show much anyway except type of fridge and the gap.

When they dropped it off, they did a bunch of adjustments to make it level and I'm wondering if they screwed something up. The freezer door closes on the outside but about then pops open about a 1/4 inch in middle. See pictures.

Anyone know how to adjust this? Thank you!

Attached Images   

Last edited by rickai; 06-26-18 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-26-18, 05:05 PM
R
I did a bit more investigating. The bottom hinge to the freezer door is held to the frame by two bolts. I loosened those a bit, and the door could be pushed closed and stays there with a good seal all the way around. If you don't push it close, it still bounces open to a 1/4 inch, but before you had to hold it closed to seal, but now the magnetic seal holds it closed. Does that help determine what is wrong?

Old 06-26-18, 05:11 PM
R
Received 67 Upvotes on 52 Posts
The only thing wrong with it is you haven't returned it yet, no way would I accept that or any other issues with a new appliance.

Old 06-27-18, 02:23 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
There is an alignment issue, did you call them and ask to have someone come back and repair?

Old 06-27-18, 03:59 AM
R
It will be replaced, but a new one isn't available for 10 days, we need this one till then. Looking for guidance on correcting the alignment issue until then. Thanks.

Old 06-27-18, 08:19 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
There are hinges top and bottom that have a couple of screws attached to the box, just need to loosen them one at a time and adjust in/out/left/right to get the fit correct.

Unless they are bent it's a pretty simple process and certainly not a reason to return a brand new refrig!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: