Electrolux dryer lint problems

Old 06-30-18, 06:57 PM
Z
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrolux dryer lint problems

Hi,

Does anyone have any details (models, serial numbers) on Electrolux dryer lint problems and possible fires.

We smelled smoke today while our dryer was on. Dryer isn the basement. Vent goes up into the ceiling about 2 feet, then across the ceiling about 10 feet through the exterior wall.

Stick my nose in the dryer and didnít smell anything, but when I was on the main floor directly above the dryer, you could definelty smell smoke.....like incense or a match.

Iíve seen various content online regarding Electrolux and fire safety.

Itís getting late here so I havenít checked the full length of the vent for excess lint.

Thinking I might disassemble the unit and see if any lint is trapped inside. Itís an el citric stackable.

Any experienice of knowledge with the Electrolux dryer class action?

Any tips to clean the duct thatís contained within a finished ceiling? I Saw someone using a leaf blower from the inside.

Thanks

Old 06-30-18, 07:12 PM
Received 625 Likes on 555 Posts
First step is clean the whole vent pipe as you plan. Is the vent pipe ridged or flex?

You need to supply us with the model number. The model and serial numbers may be found in the following locations on your product: Inside front face of the dryer compartment, on the left or right side (door open).

Old 07-01-18, 03:40 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
All dryers have heat and can catch fire if not maintained. The most common problem is not cleaning or fixing vents. If your vent is a flexible plastic it need to be replaced asap.
Those vents were outlawed many years ago because of fires. Dryers seldom themselves catch fire but in several years of dryer repair I have only seen one.

Old 07-01-18, 10:41 AM
Z
disassembled the vent and machine. Vent looks clean and smoke smell coming from behind the unit.

Lots of lint in the interior. Not sure if the lint was smoking or the motor/heating element is smoking. Here are some pics.

I’ve sound info that Electrolux dryers were catching fire cause lint was trapped near the heating element. Where is that and can I access it to clean?

Are there other areas I should open and clean?

Next steps to determine smoke smell?

Attached Images     

Last edited by zhy987; 07-01-18 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-01-18, 03:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Nice picture of bar graft but can't see model #. Still need model # to help more.

Old 07-02-18, 05:40 AM
Z
Model EIED5CHIW0 Electrolux

Old 07-02-18, 08:59 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Model # only shows a gas dryer? If gas burner is on right side of vent in second picture. Vent that needs to be cleaned is the one from dryer to outside. 90% of dryer problems start in vent.

Old 07-02-18, 10:23 AM
Z
Itís an electric unit. Iíll check the vent again but it smells like itís coming from the unit.

Old 07-02-18, 04:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Here is a diagram of dryer
https://www.searspartsdirect.com/mod...erm=EIED5CHIW0
Can't find heater anyplace and retired before that unit came out. I think part 16 is near where heater is under cabinet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: