Kenmore Series 80: no agitation, no spin

Old 07-15-18, 11:05 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Series 80: no agitation, no spin

I have an older kenmore washer series 80 model #110.26892690. It fills and drains fine but does not agitate or spin. I just got back from a trip with a bunch of laundry so I need to get this back up pronto. Any suggestions?

Old 07-16-18, 04:20 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Upvotes on 69 Posts
Does the motor keep running? Does it make any noise? It sounds like the drive coupler is broken but need more info.Part 13 under motor and pump. Any appliance part store will have it. I can replace one in 15 minutes
https://www.searspartsdirect.com/mod...m=110.26892690
Can direct you if needed.

Old 07-16-18, 06:53 AM
C
I can hear a low "humming" sound during the entire cycle that it normally makes. I have not looked under the hood yet. We got in late last night, so the only troublehooting I have done is to run through a cycle to see what it does and doesn't do. Everything sounds pretty normal, just not agitation or spin. Fills and drains fine, timing appear correct, etc.

Old 07-16-18, 07:27 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
sounds like you have a sock stuck in water pump. I find that I usually cannot remove sock and have to replace pump. Easy way to check is lean washer back against wall and unclip pump from motor. Leave hoses hooked up and tuck away from motor. Put washer down and see if motor runs. I usually try in spin but you must close lid to try.If runs .I would replace pump.

Old 07-16-18, 01:23 PM
C
I went ahead and ordered the coupler just in case. I live about an hour from a decent size city so with the cost of gas it is just cheaper and easier to order it. It was not that expensive of a part.
I will check the old sock in the water pump trick when I get home from work. I am hoping it is the first one...it sounds cheaper.

Old 07-16-18, 04:02 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If it turns out to be the pump while you are there replace the coupler also. Just take motor off (I never even unplug wires) set on side replace coupler.

Old 07-16-18, 05:12 PM
C
OK, pulled the water pump off and no joy on the spin cycle. There is a pretty loud hum when it runs and you can hear what I think is the motor turning. I am guessing that it is the coupler at this point

Old 07-16-18, 05:19 PM
C
Confirmed about the coupler. I found the remnants of the rubber section and a pile of rubber shavings in the back of the machine. The part is on order so hopefully that takes care of it. Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: