single or double wall oven in difficult spot

Old 08-04-18, 01:25 PM
L
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
single or double wall oven in difficult spot

50s home has a corner wall oven. a long time ago i measured and thought it was 24 inches and sears brought an oven here. nope didnt fit. here i didnt realize the edges of the countertop. its only 23.5 wide at that point.

i can build a deck but i never did work on kitchen cabinets or formica and that type of finished work. how hard would it be to notch out what i need to make this 24 wide for a standard oven? then make it look pretty again so next buyer is happy

also what are your thoughts on single vs double oven in that space. realizing i have to give up the lower lazy susan to get double in. also i guess would be stupid to keep the old vent in there with new oven? so how would you fill that in.

what other pitfalls am i not seeing here with an oven replacement?

Attached Images    
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-18, 01:58 PM
M
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
With a 24" oven, I would definitely go the double oven route. Cooking a meal or Thanksgiving dinner in a single 24" oven would be a nightmare.

Old 08-04-18, 05:06 PM
L
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
who do you get to do this work? im' sure an oven installer doesnt do cabinetry like i'm sure a carpenter doesnt do ovens lol. how do you coordinate to make sure its done with the right specs