Frigidaire Ice Maker

Old 09-19-18, 09:40 AM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Frigidaire Ice Maker

Refrigerator Model: FGHF2344MF7

Could not get ice out, so opened tray and found the cubes had melted into a solid block within the bucket. With much effort, removed the bucket, threw everything out.

After that, I figured stuff might be frozen elsewhere so I thawed out the ice maker section using a blow dryer. Put everything back, and waited 1 day.

Turned ice maker back on and it did make some ice, but again had a sheet of solid ice at the bottom of the bucket (see pic). I was ready to replace the ice maker itself, but now I am not sure since it is making ice.

Any ideas what can cause the ice to melt at the bottom of the bucket. Everything else is working fine.

Old 09-19-18, 12:44 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,611 Votes on 1,483 Posts
Not familiar with that exact fridge but that doesn't appear to be an icemaker problem. I was looking at the tech sheets for known problems but didn't spot any.

I would clean out the bin completely and shut off the ice maker. Dump a tray of ice cubes into the bin and see what happens to them in a day or two. It could be over defrosting. Some units have air leaks from the ice chute and that cause the ice to melt.

I see mention of possibly not fully frozen cubes. That can be caused by not enough water coming into the ice tray and only a partial fill. Since all the molds aren't filled.... the unit will harvest the ice sooner and it may not be fully frozen.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: