Calibrating measured fill

Old 09-20-18, 07:54 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Calibrating measured fill

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator, WRF990SLAM00. Recently I've noticed that the measured fill is overfilling. I've looked through the manual and can't find instructions for calibrating the measured fill. I looked online and all the instructions I've found don't apply. Anyone know how to fix this?

Old 09-20-18, 11:24 AM
Group Moderator
Received 2,946 Votes on 2,659 Posts
I'm guessing you're talking about the ice maker.

The water fill is not calibrated. It is a timed function and controlled from the same timer that harvests the ice cubes. An overfill is a very rare problem. It could mean that all the ice is not harvesting. It could also mean the fill valve is not shutting off completely and allowing water to drip into the tray. This usually leaves an ice trail near the fill spout.

Does your ice maker have the adjustment arm on the side for larger and smaller cubes ?
If not...... look at the right side of the front white cover..... is there a small hole in it ?

If that's a gallery model with electronic controls in the door..... you can change cube size from there.
youtube/watch?v=RIG7BC58zW0

Old 09-21-18, 05:11 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Measured fill is in door water and ice. No arm on the ice maker. There's a hole on the left side of the ice container that I can use to shut the ice maker off completely. Nothing for cube size.

No ice trails of anything like that in the refrigerator or ice tray.

Old 09-21-18, 10:46 AM
Group Moderator
Received 2,946 Votes on 2,659 Posts
Ahhhh......ok. You want to recalibrate the auto fill water dispenser. I think that's covered in one of my tech sheets but I can't find it. Your tech sheet is under the fridge behind the front grill. It has a wealth of info on it. If you can't find it..... the link below has calibration instructions. Look halfway down the document.

Whirlpool French Door troubleshooting guide

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: