Kitchenaid dishwasher has mind of its own

Old 09-30-18, 07:46 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kitchenaid dishwasher has mind of its own

I have a Kitchenaid dishwasher KDTE104ESS2

It will sometimes just stop working during cycle... and eventually shuts off.. tried hard reset then tried diagnostic mode.. one time got a code of overflow switch... took it out.. checked it.. the switch is fine. then all of a sudden it started working fine. then a few days later back to not working.
It fills fine.. then just sits there... then after an extended time it will start washing.. then drain.. then refill and just sit.. if you cancel out it will try to drain and keeps trying then suddenly it will drain.. drain hoses are clear and proper.
sometimes it drains fine.
now it runs through diagnostic mode and tests itself fine... but still acts like this.
also hear some clicking in the door ( like relays ) while it sits sometimes. other times its silent.
Any other ideas? think next I am taking the door off an looking at connections. I have checked connections underneath and they seem fine.
any ideas ?

Last edited by jkebxjunke; 09-30-18 at 09:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-18, 04:26 PM
Group Moderator
Received 255 Votes on 240 Posts
Might be a good idea to check the connections at the control board and the board itself.
It sounds like maybe the board has gotten wet.

Intermittent door switches are the number one trouble spot.

Old 10-04-18, 11:49 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PJmax View Post
Might be a good idea to check the connections at the control board and the board itself.
It sounds like maybe the board has gotten wet.

Intermittent door switches are the number one trouble spot.
update... I have checked the board... and connections... and reset all connections... still acts up...
now when I put it in diagnostic mode it tells me 7-1 or heating element not working before the diagnostic runs... but the element does work.
also when it runs diagnostic mode it starts a cycle.. and the lights will alternate between quick wash and normal every few minutes but the cycle does not change.