U-Line mini fridge ice maker problems

Old 10-07-18, 11:37 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
U-Line mini fridge ice maker problems

I have an older U-line bar fridge model C0-2075FB where the ice maker only makes ice when manually "tripped". In order to get the ice to harvest is if I manually raise and lower the arm to the bin switch. The ejector arms will then cycle, push the ice out, and the tray will refill. In short, everything seems to work correctly, except whatever switch tells it to harvest the ice. The repair manual doesn't seem to have a section to deal with this issue. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Old 10-07-18, 11:42 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Most ice makers have a thermostat that monitors the temperature of the cube mold. When it gets to around 15 degrees it closes and starts the harvest. It looks like your unit should shut down the compressor when it goes to harvest.

This is the generic U-Line service manual. Haven't found one dedicated to your model.
U-Line service information

On edit:
It appears the compressor doesn't shut off in your unit when it harvests.
The following link should be more inclusive of your specific unit.
U-Line service info

Last edited by PJmax; 10-07-18 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-07-18, 05:21 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The compressor is turning off. I was hoping that might have been it, but no. I have that manual in my downloads and revisiting it, I'm wondering if the bin switch may be defective. Following the Ice Maker flow chart it's indicating either the ice maker control or bin switch failure. The switch seems more likely to me.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: