Small drink fridge

Old 10-18-18, 07:33 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Small drink fridge

Greetings!

My wife and I recently bought our home. A dishwasher was included, but we prefer to hand wash. I pulled out the dishwasher, and replaced it with a small drink fridge.

Are there any long-term consequences of me doing this? The reason I ask is because the fridge is not at all flush with the dishwasher area. There's about a 2 inch gap on each side of the fridge. The kitchen is tiled, but the area where the dishwasher was is not. The original wood flooring is present in the space. I'm including cropped pics of the before and after. Sorry for the poor quality.

Should I close up any of the gaps? Should I maybe lay matching tile down to avoid any sort of issues with the wood floors? The fridge has been in place for about 10 weeks now, and it operates normally.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Attached Images   
Old 10-18-18, 09:49 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Are there any long-term consequences of me doing this?
Other than turning off a future home owner there would be no issues!

I am surprised you would remove, having just left it unused would seem to be the best option.

At least dont do anything that cant be un-done!

Old 10-18-18, 10:47 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,144 Upvotes on 1,920 Posts
Find out if your fridge it intended for cabinet mounting. Some small fridges need the back side open for natural air circulation while ones intended to be mounted in a cabinet will usually have a fan to blow the warm air out the bottom.

Old 10-18-18, 03:52 PM
F
We frequently have company and liked the idea of having a separate fridge for drinks...mostly beer, really. The water line is still intact...just tucked away under the sink next to the fridge. If we ever move, I imagine we’d just put a new dishwasher in before we sell.

Thanks for the suggestion about the checking the mounting. I’ll definitely look into it!

Old 10-18-18, 09:19 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
That cooler looks familiar. It may have a cooling fan for the condenser area.
You could always post the model number for further discussion.

Old 10-19-18, 08:52 AM
F
Model #80901/502DS. The manual indicates at least 2 inch side and 4 inch rear clearance for proper ventilation. I have about 2 inches on the sides, and 4-5 inches in back.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: