Bad Washer Interlock Switch or Control Board??

Old 11-10-18, 06:56 PM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Washer Interlock Switch or Control Board??

I have a Bosch Nexxt 500 front load washer model WFMC3301UC/09. After it finishes a wash load the door will not open. It makes three scratching noises, like maybe it's trying to unlatch. I removed the access panel and use the nylon pull strap to manually release the door latch. Then it's all set to do another load.

I'm thinking it's either the door latch assembly or the control board. Are there any tests I can do to isolate the failure? If not, which of these parts breaks most often?

Old 11-11-18, 06:03 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
There is a test procedure but I could not find a tech sheet for your washer. When PJ max comes on he usually has better luck finding them.

Old 11-11-18, 05:16 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,158 Likes on 2,838 Posts
It's typically a door lock problem.

The tech sheet is supposed to be in your machine. I don't know its location. The following link may have some useful info pertaining to your model.
Bosch manual

Old 11-14-18, 09:45 AM
B
The link you provided enabled me to access and read out the stored trouble codes. Cool. It reminds of the early days of automobile diagnostics. Anyway, there were two codes: 1) Door won't lock and 2) motor overloaded or binding. My problem is the opposite of the first code: our door won't unlock. But at least both of those problems point to the door interlock switch, so I ordered a new one. In the meantime we can work around the problem by using the emergency release cord.

I have no knowledge of a motor overload issue so I don't plan to address that.

I'll post back after I install the new interlock assembly.

Thanks.

Old 12-08-18, 06:43 PM
B
Update

OK, so the new door interlock switch assembly has been in place for several weeks now. The washer door has opened without any problems after a wash cycle except for one time when I had to used the manual release strap. However, now there is a new problem. When you start up the washer by turning the cycle selector to a particular setting there is delay of 3 to 15 seconds before the panel lights turn on. Once they do, everything works fine. I put a digital multimeter on the 120 V supply connector to see if the control board was getting power immediately, and it was. It's receiving power but it doesn't light up until several seconds later. What additional circuits need to be closed for the control board to start things going? I'm thinking something else may be gating the start up.

Old 12-08-18, 07:37 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,158 Likes on 2,838 Posts
The 120v is only the primary power source to the board. The logic stages and many of the sensors run on low voltage derived off the main board. A tech sheet might have voltages on it. I could try to find more technical information but it's tough with Bosch.

Old 12-09-18, 05:13 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Don't think I have seen that issue but maybe a control issue, Would wait till it shows more or if a code comes up.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: