Whirlpool Duet FL Washer Noisy Drum

Old 01-11-19, 06:24 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool Duet FL Washer Noisy Drum

Hey guys, so i noticed the other day that the drum in our front load whirlpool duet washer is a bit louder than normal. I took a video for you to see:

https://youtu.be/xWI5f8PMZ0Y

Im at work right now and forgot to write down the exact model of washing machine, sorry, i can always get that later today if needs be.

It used to be alot quieter when spinning but now you can actually hear like a bearing is going or something? not quite sure. Have a listen and let me know what you think, thanks!

Old 01-11-19, 07:29 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
After working on those for many years can almost tell you it is the rear bearing. 2 ways to check 1. rotate basket by hand and it should feel smooth. if rough bearing bad. 2. lift basket in tub ( use use fingers) basket and tub should move together. If movement in tub bearing is bad. Also when you hear noise in spin bearing is bad. Get manual out as tub was warranted for 10 years but a few years ago they changed it to 1 year. Basket is lifetime last time I checked. Labor is not covered. Whirlpool repair is to replace rear tub and basket. Front tub if damaged. There are other repairs out there where the bearing are pressed out and new installed. Google your washer and bearing replacement.

Old 01-11-19, 07:38 AM
J
The basket feels smooth when i turn it by hand but it is a bit noisier than normal. Also you can hear it being louder during the spin cycle.

Is it easy to replace the back bearing? worth it? any kind of online instructions out there showing how to do it?

Old 01-11-19, 08:11 AM
J
Actually at this point im wondering if i should just replace the damn thing with a top load washer. They are currently on sale at the moment. GE brand. Might be easier since this washer is now 9 years old.

Old 01-11-19, 01:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
It was always a 2 man job for us. Tub is heavy. Look at LG or Samsung. I hate anything GE.Lots of videos of replacement out there. You have to google it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: