Whirlpool stove code F2

Old 01-21-19, 03:49 PM
S
Received 5 Upvotes on 5 Posts
Whirlpool stove code F2

I tried searching on 'Code F2' before posting thinking it may be somewhat common. While boiling potatoes the F2 with a tone started. The only way to extinguish it was to turn of the stove's receptacle breaker. I turned it back on in a few minutes - it returned. I turned it off again for about 35 minutes, after turning it back on so far it hasn't returned. I was able to set the clock but have not yet tried the burners.

Per some research F2 means there's a short in the touch pad. This occurred maybe about 8-12 months ago, a brief reset of the breaker resolved it. Don't know whether this is relevant, but this time I had a cover on the pot and quite a bit of steam was being omitted as I should have reduced the temperature of the burner. Probably not - as the key pad and controls are probably designed to withstand steam and heat. I wonder - if it happens again, would disconnecting the keypad still allow use of the burners? Not a huge deal if I didn't have use of the oven for a while.

Old 01-21-19, 04:06 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
as the key pad and controls are probably designed to withstand steam and heat.
One would hope so but that is not always the case.

I don't know how you'd easily unplug the keypad. Are you going to leave the control area open ?

Old 01-21-19, 05:59 PM
S
Not sure at the moment. If I could unplug the keypad I would just do that and leave it in for now. The stove isn't that old - 2005. Like the front loading washer I had it's another premature electronic failure.

Seems like appliances made many years ago with basic electrical controls ran years longer before any trouble, and it was usually a mechanical failure..

Old 01-22-19, 07:12 PM
S
Today used one of the burners on the stove top without any trouble. It was one of the front ones, and wasn't boiling this time. I wish I remembered what happened the first time I got the F2 code about a year ago.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: