4 year old KitchenAid dishwasher fills but no spray

Old 01-29-19, 07:55 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
4 year old KitchenAid dishwasher fills but no spray

I have read through several posts on similar problems but still having troubles.

I have a 4 year old KitchenAid dishwasher that fill but doesn’t spray. I have clean all the filters inside. As far as I can tell there is a dull clicking sound coming from the bottom where the pump motor is.

here is the sound:

https://youtu.be/rvdM8V80tl0

This is the first time anything like this has happened. It happened after we had the water off for a bit. Not sure why would do it. Is this the Circulation pump & motor assembly?

Thisis the newer type of KitchenAid so it is hard to look fora clogged impeller or anything without pulling the dishwasher out?

Old 01-29-19, 11:52 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,608 Votes on 1,480 Posts
That sounds like the motor is tripping off on overload. That would be caused by a jammed impeller. Something got in there jamming it. With some machines...... you remove the screen and access the sump area from the top. On others you'd need to pull the pump motor out of the bottom.

I'd need the model number for more detailed help.

Old 01-30-19, 04:06 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The model is KitchenAid KDFE104DSS

thanks

Old 01-30-19, 06:47 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,608 Votes on 1,480 Posts
You missed a digit on the end. I'll use KDFE104DSS0.

Open the link and click on "Pump, Washarm" tab. The wash pump is part 1 and needs to be accessed from under the unit. Some you can take the pump out with the machine in place..... others require the machine to be slid out.

searspartsdirect.com/model-number/kdfe104dss0

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: