GE range showing code F3

Old 04-14-19, 04:52 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
GE range showing code F3

GE drop-in Range (model number: JMP28G0R3AD) is showing code F3. It heats up to the set temperature, and the coil is red. When it hits the set temperature, it beeps and then the heating element shuts off and goes dark immediately.

Old 04-14-19, 07:44 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
For some reason I can't locate that model number.
The F3 code usually means a problem with the timer/control board.

When you say it heats up and then stops heating..... I assume it doesn't restart again to maintain heat in several minutes.

Old 04-15-19, 05:02 PM
D
JMP28G0R3AD Copy and paste the number, and that will work. The first letter is Jay. After the letter G is a zero, not an O.

So, it shuts off when the temperature hits the selected temp. When it shuts off, the heating elements immediately go dark, then soon after that the code shows. It does not turn back on.

You think timer/control board. Is the sensor a possibility, too? Which is more likely?

Old 04-15-19, 10:35 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
I would doubt it's the sensor. That failure is pretty common with that WB27K5140 control board. Unfortunately it's no longer available for purchase but there are a few places that can rebuild it.

This was a thread where the member serviced his control board with my help. The problem was burned connections on the relays. The problem may be the same as yours. I would recommend pulling the control board out and doing a visual check. Refer to the thread for what to look for.

ge-profile-double-wall-oven-jt965-both-bake-broil-elements-stopped-working.html

Old 04-16-19, 03:10 PM
D
Ok, I won't have time to check that until the weekend.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: