Kenmore Elite Washer weird power problem

Old 04-21-19, 09:25 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Elite Washer weird power problem

Hi group,

I have a Kenmore Elite Washer 79640518900, which had recently started giving us a weird problem. In the last few weeks, at times when I press the power button, it won't turn on at all. The first time it happened, to troubleshoot, I switched the power cord to the dryer outlet and the washer came on fine for a few more washes. The dryer also worked in the old washer outlet. Well, the problem has persisted with the washer randomly not coming on, and sometimes switching the outlets works, but sometimes it does not. The dryer always works no matter which outlet I use. Sometimes the washer won't be working and trying again a few hours later it will be working. I am perplexed, because I thought if it was a fuse or power issue, it would be more all or nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 04-21-19, 09:38 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,950 Upvotes on 3,543 Posts
With an electronic device..... just powering it down and then back up resets the controller. Moving it from one receptacle to another isn't changing anything..... just the powering down.

There is a tech sheet inside your LG built washer that will tell you how to put the machine into diagnostic mode. They may turn up a problem. That sheet will be inside the machine near the control panel. I'll try to find one a can post when I get back.

Old 04-21-19, 10:14 AM
B
Thanks

Thanks Pj.

Just to be clear, from the front, I'm not sure anything is coming on at all when the washer isn't working. I hit the power button but I don't see any lights.

Old 04-21-19, 11:27 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Sounds like a control panel problem. Part # EBR63726601 Sears says NLA but found it on Ebay and if you google Part# there are several sites that have it. Prices from 174 to 99 $. PS your kenmore washer was made by LG and most LG parts will work.

Old 04-21-19, 05:16 PM
B
Thanks

Are their any good instructions for getting to the mother board? I'm a little bit handy, but never opened the washer before.

Old 04-22-19, 03:30 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
. Pretty easy. 2 or 3 screws holding top on in back Remove screws and push top back. A lot of them stuck I always use gloves with rubber grip to push back. Some will slide back easy. there may be a few screws holding control panel on. Some just unsnap. some sound like they are breaking when they unsnap. Top only slides back about a inch than lifts off.

Old 04-22-19, 03:42 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Washer will always show some vibration as it is going up to speed. Never try to adjust til it gets up to high spin. Do not use comforter to just, always use wet towels. I put washer in rinse to get towels wet than turn it to spin. When vibration increased you turned leg back keep turning back till you get to the smoothest place. throw your level away it will just confuse you.Play around with leg both ways a little you will see vibration change.

Old 04-22-19, 04:23 PM
B
Thanks

It seems like if I just unplug the washer when not using, then every time I plug it in, it works. Probably not the ideal solution. We will see how motivated I am to replace the board if that is the chief culprit.

Old 04-28-19, 05:46 PM
B
Is there a LG part that might work. I've been googling online, and it seems like everysite is on backorder, or NLA for EBR63726601.

Old 04-29-19, 04:53 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Only if the front panel looks the same, usually the things co's change are cosmetics.and this is usually the control panel. Timer settings hay be a little different.

Old 04-29-19, 05:42 PM
B
Any other thoughts on where to find the part. In scared I'm going to be out of luck. Thanks for any help.

Old 04-29-19, 07:01 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Google this I found many sites that might help. Some will rebuild yours.
rebuild appliance control boards

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: