double oven recommendations?

Old 05-04-19, 07:58 AM
Question double oven recommendations?

We're in the market for a 27" double wall oven. Any recommendations on what to buy or avoid? We have a Kitchenaid now which needs a new control panel assembly and board which are difficult if not impossible to find (in a known good condition). Thanks for the suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-19, 12:56 PM
I bought a Kenmore 27" double oven with convection about 2 years ago and so far I really like it. I've had several Kenmore appliances over the years and they all performed and held up well. Some double ovens have convection on one oven only, but the Kenmore has both ovens convection. I had never used a convection oven before, but now I wouldn't do without. I know Sears is dying but I think Kenmore is no longer Sears-only.

I replaced a 30 year old single wall oven that was smaller so I had to do some modifications to the cabinet to fit the bigger oven but it turned out great. Also had to upgrade the breaker from 30 amp to 40 amp to accomodate the new oven. This meant the wire had to be upgraded to a thicker gauge as well. I had fairly easy access to run the new wire so it cost me 300 bucks to have an electrician do it. I only mention this because it's something to be aware of when replacing an oven.

On a side note, I didn't plan ahead because a few months later I replaced my cooktop and it required the breaker/wire upgrade, too. I didn't want to spend another 300 so I studied what the electrician did in the breaker box and figured I could do it (I've done plenty of electrical work but never in the box.) It was very easy - the hardest part was fishing the new thicker wire through the old holes but it only cost me about $75 in materials.