Jenn Air Double Wall Oven Repair Experience and Questions

Old 05-23-19, 08:17 AM
Jenn Air Double Wall Oven Repair Experience and Questions

Folks:

I have a Genn Air (WW30430P) double wall oven. Its about 18 years old. Had error code F2 pop up. It would over heat. I tested the temp sensor and it had proper resistance. Thus I sent all 3 circuit boards into Circuit board medics. They replaced all the transistors and relays and some resistors. Said their bench testing proved the issue was with the circuit boards. I was surprised how thorough they were for only about $150 bucks.

However...

I get back all 3, install them exactly as they should be (wiring was complex). Turn it on, clock turns on and oven lights come on when opened, etc. However, touch panel doesn't respond. I have examined the ribbon cable that connects the touch panel to the circuit board and while I don't' have much confidence in such ribbons, it looks right.

I think my next steps are:

1) Replace the entire touch panel. I hate to do this unless I know that is failing. It WAS working prior to all of this happening.

2) Simply replace the entire oven. It is 19 years old.

Curious to know what you folks would do? I suppose I still have a 3rd option:

3) Hire a technician to see what they can do for me. Not my common route cause they usually just replace components. I've already had the 3 circuit boards examined and repaired by a company that specializes in this. So likely a tech will want to replace the touch panel.

Any thoughts from the group?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-19, 09:38 AM
Group Moderator
Were the boards packed in proper anti static bags and returned to you ?
Unfortunately you had the boards repaired but you do not know if they are working.

Those ribbon cables are fragile and possibly one of the traces broke. This is a common problem on dishwashers. I'll use my meter to check from the board to the buttons for continuity. It helps to have the tech sheet for the appliance.

You replace the touch panel purchased from one of the big online retailers that offers a 365 day return policy. It will cost a few dollars more but can be returned if not the problem.